/
0 Comments
"Banana"
















oil on canvas board / olio su cartone telato
5.90 x 7.87 in. / 15 x 18 cm.
signed on front and back / firmato davanti e dietro
final protective damar varnish / vernice damar finale protettivo

I was away all of last week in Trieste, attending a workshop with South African Choreographer, Mamela Nyamza.  The theme of the workshop was "Death".  It was an incredibly beautiful and intense experience.  It's taken me many days to get back into painting.  I tried to paint yesterday but just couldn't 'see' my fruit.  It's as if I had spent last week emersed in a flash of light.  My eyes needed to adjust, and now they have. 
It's no coincidence that I decided to paint a banana.

Sono stata tutta la settimana scorsa a Trieste a fare un laboratorio con la choreografa Sud Africana, Mamela Nyamza.  Il tema del laboratorio era "La Morte".  E' stato una esperienza bellissima ed intensa.  Ci sono voluti molti giorni per ritornare alla pittura.  Ho provato a dipingere ieri ma non riuscivo a "vedere" la mia frutta.  Avevo l'impressione di essere stata immersa in un bagliore di luce la settimana scorsa.  I miei occhi avevano bisogno di aggiustarsi, ed adesso riesco a vedere.
Non รจ un caso che ho deciso di dipingere una banana. 



You may also like

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.